[Koha] User MyLibrary Already Exists

Charles Kelley cmkelleymls at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 14:47:32 NZST 2019

Hello, all

    My new library is thinking of migrating to Koha and I am installing it on a development machine before installing it on the production machine. I have reached this stage in the installation instructions, to wit:

$ sudo koha-create --create-db mylibrary

    The response is

User mylibrary-koha already exists.

    Grand! I proceed to the next instruction, to wit:

Retrieve the admin username and password from /etc/koha/sites/mylibrary/koha-conf.xml

    So I look for the username and password in that file. A directory /etc/koha/sites/mylibrary does indeed exist; but mylibrary turns out to be devoid of all files, and koha-conf.xml consequently nonexistent. What went wrong? How does one fix this?

    Thank you for the help.

    — Charles.

    Charles Kelley
    PSC 704 Box 1029
    APO AP 96338

    011-81-80-4714-5490 [JPN cell]

    mnogojazyk at aol.com
    cmkelleymls at gmail.com

    www.linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls
    Meeting Your Information Needs. Virtually.