[Koha] Installation Failure

Katrin Fischer katrin.fischer.83 at web.de
Mon Jun 3 02:43:03 NZST 2019

Hi Charles,

it appears that under some circumstances the sudo command is not
available on a fresh Debian installation. I found this blog post that
might be helpful in solving this:

https://chewett.co.uk/blog/477/sudo-command-not-found-debian-fixed/

I've also found this, which might explain the situation a bit more:

"As of DebianSqueeze <https://wiki.debian.org/DebianSqueeze>, if you
give root an empty password during installation, sudo will be installed
and the first user will be able to use it to gain root access
(currently, the user will be added to the *sudo* group). The system will
also configure gksu and aptitude to use sudo. You should still verify
group membership
<https://wiki.debian.org/sudo#Verifying_sudo_membership> after logging
in as the installed user." (https://wiki.debian.org/sudo)

Hope it helps,