[Koha] Removing items + biblio records

Coehoorn, Joel jcoehoorn at york.edu
Thu Jan 24 04:23:17 NZDT 2019

We're removing a large amount of material from our holdings to make room
for an upcoming renovation, and I have a question about how the batch item
deletion tool works.

When we delete an item, what happens to the bibliographic record? Is it
removed, too? Is the tool smart enough to only remove the record after the
last item is removed?

We don't want to leave bibliographic records behind for stuff that is no
longer in the library. At the same time, we also have a large number of
"empty" bibliographic records in koha related to licensed digital
materials, and we can't just automatically clean out any biblio without an
item record.

Joel Coehoorn
Director of Information Technology
402.363.5603
*jcoehoorn at york.edu <jcoehoorn at york.edu>*

*Please contact helpdesk at york.edu <helpdesk at york.edu> for technical
assistance.*

The mission of York College is to transform lives through
Christ-centered education and to equip students for lifelong service to
God, family, and society