[Koha] Holds in Koha 18.11

BOUIS Sonia sonia.bouis at univ-lyon3.fr
Thu Jan 17 21:36:03 NZDT 2019

Hello,
I want to be sure to understand properly the circulation rules because I haven't found the complete information in the manual (perhaps, I haven't looked at the good place?)
In the first table of the "Circulation and fines rules" page, we can find this three column:
Holds allowed (total)

Holds allowed (daily)

Holds per record (count)

Holds allowed (total): does it mean the maximum of items that could be reserved for an itemtype / patron category at once?
Holds allowed (daily): does it mean the number of items that could be reserved per day for an itemtype / patron category?
Holds per record (count) : does it mean the maximum of records that could be reserved for an itemtype / patron category at once?

What the syspref maxreserves is about ? items or records?
If patrons try to reserve several itemtype and the total of reservation of each itemtype is bigger than the maxreserves syspref, would they be blocked when they will reach the number of holds put in the syspref?

In the table of the circulation rules : "Default checkout, hold and return policy", does the column "Maximum total holds allowed (count)" concern items or records?

In the table "Checkout, hold policy by patron category", it's possible to put a limit of holds by category type : is it the number of records or items?

Does Koha always use the lower of the limits for each settings usable?

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,
Sonia

Sonia BOUIS
Responsable du Service des applications documentaires
Bibliothèques universitaires
Université Jean Moulin Lyon 3
ADRESSE GÉOGRAPHIQUE > Manufacture des Tabacs | 6 cours Albert Thomas | LYON 8e
ADRESSE POSTALE > Bibliothèque de la Manufacture | 1C avenue des Frères Lumière | CS 78242 - 69372 LYON CEDEX 08

Ligne directe : 33 (0)4 78 78 79 03

http://bu.univ-lyon3.fr<http://bu.univ-lyon3.fr/>| Suivez-nous > Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/bulyon3/> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/bulyon3>| Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/bu.lyon3/?hl=fr>