[Koha] OPAC detail

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 23:19:13 NZDT 2019

Hi Jenny,

On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 3:16 PM Jenny Wolf <wolf at ghwk.de> wrote:

> in the library of the memorial site "Haus der Wannsee-Konferenz" we have been unsing Koha (17.11) for almost a year. Our collection includes about 100.000 records. We are planning an update to the current version (18.11) in the beginning of 2019. Currently we are customizing the OPAC detail view for our users. This includes for example renaming labels in the XSLT files. Changes like these of course can cause problems. Updates may be more difficult, because the changes we make are not part of the Koha standard.

Did you / your team directly edit the file MARC21slim2OPACDetail.xsl?

OR

did you make a copy of it and edited that and then set up Koha to use
it via the OPACXSLTDetailsDisplay system preference?

> Two things are be important to us in the (normal) OPAC detail view:
>
> / variable order of the labels
> The order of the labels should be configurable. (See attached picture or HERE<https://www.dropbox.com/s/dxnupl4keig5oet/OPAC-detail-variable-order-of-the-labels.jpg?dl=0%20> )

Order of labels to be based on what?

> / presentation of the labels in a table (spreadsheet)
> There should be two columns. The first column should display the label, the second column shows the content. (See attached picture or HERE<https://www.dropbox.com/s/rzwlqo1f99ou0hy/OPAC-detail-presentation-of-the-labels-in-a-table.png?dl=0> )

This seems more like a case for CSS rather than anything specific to Koha.

And at best a new theme for the OPAC with the default bootstrap theme
being the fallback (developing a new theme is non-trivial but not
exactly rocket science :-)

cheers
Indranil Das Gupta
L2C2 Technologies