[Koha] OPAC research does not work

Caroline Cyr-La-Rose caroline.cyr-la-rose at inlibro.com
Sat Feb 23 12:41:16 NZDT 2019

Hi David,

I didn't notice if someone already answered you.

You need to build your search indexes before being able to find anything
in the OPAC.

Do you have access to your server?

If you use Zebra (you probably do, but just to make sure, check the
system preference SearchEngine in Administration > Global system
preferences), you need to run the script rebuild_zebra.pl on your
server. The script has the following arguments :

-b to index bibliographic record

-a to index authority records

-r to reset your indexes (this will erase everything and rebuild from zero)

-v for verbose

-z to rebuild only what was changed since the last indexing

So for a first run, I would do ./rebuild_zebra.pl -a -b -r -v

Then you need to add rebuild_zebra in your crontab so that it runs
regularly (on our servers we run it every minute) . In the crontab, you
need to use the -a -b and -z arguments.

I hope that makes sense. :)

Good luck!

Caroline