[Koha] Delete no item from koha

Giuseppe Ciaccio giuseppe.ciaccio at unige.it
Wed Feb 20 02:49:50 NZDT 2019

I'm a beginner with koha (and more used to koha 17.11) but I would do this way:

as admin:  Home > Tools > Export data
AFAIK by default only records with items are exported (this default behaviour can be changed in the Export page if needed).  Keep the default behaviour and do the export.  You obtain a backup file.

To check that the backup contains items only, you might create a new instance of koha, populate it with the backup, and see the records (maybe there is some other way to check this but I don't know).

When sure that the backup really contains only records with items, go back to the original library, delete every record, then import the backup.  Or, more safely, keep apart the original library unmodified and use the new one.

Giuseppe