[Koha] Searching problem

Dibyendra Hyoju dibyendra at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 23:43:41 NZDT 2019

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your reply. I am not sure how the zebra indexing works. I
also thought that the colon was not treated literally. There are several
other instances having colon marks and they are searchable using the full
title. I have tried both general search and advanced search but I still
couldn't search some of the titles having colon punctuation marks. For
example, the list below has one or more colons after searching for ":" mark
<http://107.170.225.98:8080/cgi-bin/koha/catalogue/search.pl?idx=kw&q=%3A&offset=19880&sort_by=relevance_dsc>
but still searchable using the full title.:

1. http://107.170.225.98/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?biblionumber=20343
2.
http://107.170.225.98:8080/cgi-bin/koha/catalogue/detail.pl?biblionumber=20347
3. http://107.170.225.98/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?biblionumber=20264

I tried changing the search preferences for the values of QueryFuzzy and
QueryStemming but that didn't make a difference in search results for the
titles having colon punctuation marks. I'd appreciate it if I could get a
solution to this issue.

Thank you.

Regards,
Dibyendra Hyoju