[Koha] Source of Acquisition

Charles Kelley cmkelleymls at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 16:56:59 NZDT 2019

Hello, Karin et al!

    In our latest exchange, on 4 Dec 2019, at 08:14, you wrote:

    In German libraries an acquisition number like this is very common.
> There is a specific Koha item subfield for it already: 952$i = stocknumber
> or inventory number. It is indexed in Zebra and there are some value
> builders (like stocknumberAV.pl) to generate different sequential number
> patterns that can be used with it or could be adapted to generate what you
> currently have.

    Thank you for the suggestion.

    I thought of 952$i. But I'm also asked to keep the Access DB record
number and I put it in 952$i. However, consultation of the Access DB is
likely to end sooner than later, and certainly long before the acquisition
number is abandoned. I hear the staff refer to the acquisition number often
enough and it is rare I hear about the Access DB.

    Since we are only in the development stage, it would easy to rededicate
the 952$i to the library acquisition number and copy the Access DB record
number into 952$x along with other staff notes. I'd like to do this now
before the transfer instead of after the transfer.

    In any event, in the coming weeks, the rest of the library staff and I
will be holding a meeting to discuss this and other library matters:
layout, operations, procedures, organization, etc.

    Thank you again for the suggestion.

    I must ask one question: does anyone know whether or not 952$i has to
be unique?

--
    -- Charles.

    Charles Kelley, MLS
    PSC 704 Box 1029
    APO AP 96338

    Charles Kelley
    1-5-2 Tsukimino #210
    Yamato-shi, Kanagawa-ken, 〒242-0002
    JAPAN

    1-301-741-7122 [US cell]
    011-81-80-4714-5490 [JPN cell]

    mnogojazyk at aol.com [h]
    cmkelleymls at gmail.com [p]

    linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls <http://www.linkedin.com/in/cmkelleymls>
    Meeting Your Information Needs. Virtually.