[Koha] Multiple problems in MARC download and import

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Tue Aug 20 05:37:21 NZST 2019

We're using Koha 19.05.02
I have a txt file of biblio numbers that need to all have the contents of
one field changed. 477 numbers (no dupes, I checked).
I then went through the process of exporting these records.  When I open
the file in MarcEdit, it says I have 225 records. I don't know what
happened to the other 252.

I decided to go through the rest of the process, just to see if it worked
as expected (this is why we have a test site).
I edited the file, saved it as mrc and tried to import it to Koha.  Where I
got a very large error message saying nothing imported SOFTWARE ERROR,
contact your webmaster.

Unfortunately, the tech half of the team is away at the moment. . . so any
help would be appreciated.  I'm especially curious as to why I uploaded a
list of 477 biblio numbers but I got only 225 records in return.

I'm now going to experiment with batch editing within Koha. . . wish me
luck!
Elaine Bradtke
VWML
Tel    +44 (0) 20 7485 2206 (This number is for the English Folk Dance and
Song Society in London, England. If you wish to phone me personally, send
an e-mail first. I work off site)