[Koha] Altering the frameworkcode of existing records

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Fri Aug 16 03:00:10 NZST 2019

Hi

This is Koha 18.11.

In our library we exported the standard framework, re-imported it as
"RVSK". Then it was edited and more than 2'600 records were added. Only
recently it turned out the new framework "RVSK" was edited far too much,
only leaving 17 MARC tags but missing many fields, among them mandatory
fields like MARC 003, 005, 040$c or 952. Unfortunately all the missing
fields were not just hidden but deleted. It would be a lot of manual
work to find out and re-create the missing fields.

Thus we thought it would be easier to again export the standard
framework and re-import it under a new name like "ABC". Then move the
2'600 records from framework "RVSK" to "ABC", delete the mutilated
framework "RVSK" and carefully edit the new framework "ABC".

I think the following SQL command could do this:

UPDATE biblio
SET frameworkcode="ABC"
WHERE frameworkcode="RVSK"

Has anyone done this before? Will this work or would this cause new
problems?

Best wishes: Michael