[Koha] double fines

Arturo Longoria Arturo.Longoria at sll.texas.gov
Tue Apr 16 01:26:18 NZST 2019

Our library (on version 18.05.10) has also experienced double fines. We also cannot figure out what the pattern is! The last time it happened, a patron had 2 items go into "Long Overdue (Lost)" status (which is done automatically by the long overdue cron job). They had already accrued their max fines. Upon return a few weeks later, the fines were doubled up.

We also have CalculateFinesOnReturn enabled and suspect that may be the cause? I hesitate to turn it off, though, as I don't understand what the repercussions might be.

And we have also had other instances that seem similar (items go Long Overdue/Lost and have accrued max fines) but upon return, they do not double up on fines.

I'm not sure what other info may be helpful for debugging, but I'd be happy to provide anything I can.

Arturo Longoria
Reference Librarian/Web Manager
Texas State Law Library
www.sll.texas.gov