[Koha] How to place orders as grants i.e free of charge from vendor

Katrin Fischer katrin.fischer.83 at web.de
Mon Apr 15 02:36:18 NZST 2019

Hi Luisa,

Koha 3.4 is very old by now and the acquisitions module has changed a
lot in the last years. So it's hard for us to help you with that question.

I know some libraries that don't use the acquisition module for
donations, but catalog them normally noting the vendor and other
information in the item record only.

If you want to track those in the acquisition module. I would add a
'donation' vendor and set upĀ  a grant/donation with its own fund and
maybe budget. In recent Koha versions the fund often is not visible in
some of the pull downs if the total amount available is 0, so try
setting it to a small value, if you see issues there. In the orders, you
should be able to use a price of 0 without problem.

I hope this helps,

Katrin