[Koha] Koha 17.05 randomly repeating an earlier transaction.

Raymund Delahunty r.delahunty at arts.ac.uk
Fri Apr 12 19:29:32 NZST 2019

We have recently had two examples of what appears to be Koha issuing an item to a reader “by itself” without any staff member doing the operation. Both took place at the same library site, and same issue desk, but different staff users logged on. We are multi-site, multi-issue desk, with heavy use of self-issue, but the problem is only reported (so far) using Circulation (so no SIP2 traffic), and at the one location. Yesterday we received this:
“This morning Koha decided to randomly issue an item to a student. The student wasn't present- she only emailed us once she had automatic notification of her borrowing the item. The item was issued at 10:13 today. This never happened. We still have the item in our cupboard. It looks like Koha duplicated the student's previous transaction that had taken place a couple of days earlier. Neither of us on the desk issued the item, or remember anything unusual. Could it be that when we logged into Koha, it had that transaction still in its memory somehow????”)
Our support company have advised: “We have investigated this transaction in the logs but there isn't anything to indicate what might have happened.  It is recorded as a checkout in the standard way.
|  29319123 | 2019-04-09 10:13:04 | 341304 | CIRCULATION | ISSUE  |  370312 | 1407873
I'm afraid there isn't very much more we can do regarding this […]”
The previous example was sort-of similar- a laptop was returned by a user and it was *immediately* issued to a staff member who had borrowed (and returned) the item *the previous day*. She immediately complained that she was at her office, and away from the library, and had NOT borrowed the laptop.
Has anyone experience this? Any ideas what we should look for? Thanks for any suggestions.
Ray Delahunty
University of the Arts London
This email and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this email and/or its attachments you must not take any action based upon them and you must not copy or show them to anyone. Please send the email back to us and immediately and permanently delete it and its attachments. Where this email is unrelated to the business of University of the Arts London or of any of its group companies the opinions expressed in it are the opinions of the sender and do not necessarily constitute those of University of the Arts London (or the relevant group company). Where the sender's signature indicates that the email is sent on behalf of UAL Short Courses Limited the following also applies: UAL Short Courses Limited is a company registered in England and Wales under company number 02361261. Registered Office: University of the Arts London, 272 High Holborn, London WC1V 7EY