[Koha] Should password be mandatory to send ACCTDETAILS notice

BOUIS Sonia sonia.bouis at univ-lyon3.fr
Thu Apr 11 19:31:02 NZST 2019

Hello,
We wanted to send notices to our new external patrons using ACCDETAILS notice but, we have seen that in members/memberentry.pl, there's a checking to be sure there's a password for the patron.
We don't use the password (this field is in the "BorrowerUnwantedField" system preference in our Koha) because we send our patrons in the university directory with a specific password not created in Koha.
We would like to use the ACCTDETAILS notices to send our new patron a summary of the services provided by the library and to explain how they could connect to their account or how to change their password. We don't want to send them the password by email.

Do you see a reason to keep checking if there's a password in memberentry.pl or do you think we could remove it?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Cheers

Sonia BOUIS
Responsable du Service des applications documentaires
Bibliothèques universitaires
Université Jean Moulin Lyon 3
ADRESSE GÉOGRAPHIQUE > Manufacture des Tabacs | 6 cours Albert Thomas | LYON 8e
ADRESSE POSTALE > Bibliothèque de la Manufacture | 1C avenue des Frères Lumière | CS 78242 - 69372 LYON CEDEX 08

Ligne directe : 33 (0)4 78 78 79 03

http://bu.univ-lyon3.fr<http://bu.univ-lyon3.fr/>| Suivez-nous > Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/bulyon3/> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/bulyon3>| Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/bu.lyon3/?hl=fr>