[Koha] Problem uploading patrons

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Wed Apr 3 07:36:36 NZDT 2019

It has taken a while to figure out what caused the patron import to fail.
The CSV file that failed has returns between each patron instead of new
line.   Koha doesn't parse returns as new lines and so the file kept
failing.
Unfortunately, the software that we get the data from exports it with
returns instead of new lines, and there's not a way to fix it on their end.
I'd like to find a way to convert the returns to new lines so that the
assistant librarian can do the uploads without my intervention. Excel
doesn't seem to do the trick, unless there's a secret setting somewhere (if
you know, do tell!).  Does Open Office work better?

Elaine Bradtke
VWML
Tel    +44 (0) 20 7485 2206 (This number is for the English Folk Dance and
Song Society in London, England. If you wish to phone me personally, send
an e-mail first. I work off site)
Registered Company No. 297142