[Koha] Upgrading from Koha 17.11 to 18.11 --- anything to watch out for?

Hector Gonzalez cacho at genac.org
Tue Apr 2 11:00:21 NZDT 2019

Hello, you should have a complete backup that you trust and know how to restore.  Both the database and the host files.

Also, if the upgrade includes your database server, the upgrade may fail, as the upgrade might turn mysql off and leave it off while other packages -like koha-common- get upgraded, and koha-common requires mysql to be up, in order to upgrade your database schema.  Make sure your mysql/mariadb packages are upgraded before letting koha upgrade.

Other than that, it should be that simple.

Hector Gonzalez.