[Koha] Help testing marc staging performance issues

Barton Chittenden barton at bywatersolutions.com
Thu Sep 20 10:17:03 NZST 2018

Hi, All!

At ByWater, we've had a few reports of

batches, with the message "there was an error."

When this happens, there are typically two batches under

The first batch will show a number of records, and the second batch will
show 0 records.

I believe this typically happens under plack. I'm having a *very* difficult
time re-creating the error, so I don't have any plack error logs, I don't
have any good numbers on how many records cause the problem.

One of our libraries told me that the problem seems to be worse when using
matching rules.

If you've seen issues like this, I would love to know

1) What version of Koha you're using
2) How many records you were importing
3) If you were doing any sort of record matching
4) Any other relevant details
5) If you have access to the server error logs, I'd like to know what
messages you see there.

I'd like to file a bug, but without being able to replicate the problem, I
can't get any traction there.

Thanks,

--Barton