[Koha] Customizing Koha facets

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at l2c2.co.in
Mon Oct 22 11:51:43 NZDT 2018

Dear colleagues,

Recently I've been playing around with movie related metadata. One of the
challenges I now face is that of search facets. For MARC21, Koha combines
100a, 110a, 700a as the "Author" facet. In my data, I've defined their role
/ relator term (700$e) as "Film producer" / "Art director" /
"Cinematographer"/ "Actor" etc.

Is there a way to segment the data into similar facets based on their
relator code / term? Short of re-writing the getFacets sub-routine in
lib/C4/Koha.pm after creating custom idx in Zebra?

Does that even sound feasible? I could sure use some clue here :-)

TIA

indranil

Indranil Das Gupta
L2C2 Technologies

Phone : +91-98300-20971
WWW : http://www.l2c2.co.in
Blog    : http://blog.l2c2.co.in
IRC     : indradg on irc://irc.freenode.net
Twitter : indradg