[Koha] Request For CATALOGING TAG NO

Caroline Cyr-La-Rose caroline.cyr-la-rose at inlibro.com
Tue Oct 16 02:57:16 NZDT 2018

Hi Rajesh,

The loc.gov/marc page is the official documentation. You can use it at
all times for reference.

To save you time, since you seem to be in a rush and MARC documentation
can be quite daunting, here are the tags you are looking for:

- ISBN: 020 $a (http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd020.html)

- Author name (person*): 100 $a (if more than one, put the others in 700
$a) (http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd100.html and
http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd700.html)

* check the other 1XX and 7XX tags if the author is not a person, but an
organization or something else

- Book title: 245 $a (http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd245.html)

- Edition: 250 $a (http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd250.html)

- Place of publication: 264 $a
(http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd264.html)

- Publisher name: 264 $b (http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd264.html)

- Date of publication: 264 $c
(http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd264.html)

- Nb. of pages: 300 $a (http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd300.html)

- Book price: either 020 $c, 037 $c or 541 $h on biblio level or 952 $g
on item level (http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd020.html,
http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd037.html,
http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd541.html or
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Holdings_data_fields_(9xx))

- Subject: depending on the type of subject, any of the 6XX tags. The
most used is 650 for topical terms
(http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd6xx.html)

- Accession date: 005 or 541 $d on biblio level or 952 $d on item level
(http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd005.html,http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd541.html
or https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Holdings_data_fields_(9xx))

- Name of supplier: 037 $b or 541 $a on biblio level or 952 $e on item
level (http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd037.html,
http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd541.html or
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Holdings_data_fields_(9xx))

- Bill no.: I don't think this information is cataloged in the record or
the item. You'd have to go through the acquisitions module to add the
bill number. However, there are always local note fields that you can
add, 59X

- Library barcode: 952 $p
(https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Holdings_data_fields_(9xx))

- Call number: 050 $a for LC classification, 060 $a for NLM
classification, 070 $a for NAL classification, 080 $a for UDC
classification, 082 $a for DDC classification, 084 $a for other
classification or 09X for local call numbers on biblio level or 952 $o
on item level (http://www.loc.gov/marc/bibliographic/bd01x09x.html or
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Holdings_data_fields_(9xx))

- Bill date: I don't think this information is cataloged in the record
or the item. You'd have to go through the acquisitions module to add the
bill number. However, there are always local note fields that you can
add, 59X

- Library actual location: 952 $b (holdingbranch) or 952 $c (shelving
location)

(damaged status) or 952 $7 (not for loan status)
(https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Holdings_data_fields_(9xx))

- Type: 942 $c on biblio level and 952 $y on item level
(https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Holdings_data_fields_(9xx))

Regards,

Caroline

Caroline Cyr La Rose, M.L.I.S.
Librarian / Head of Training and Support

Tel.  : 1 (833) 465-4276
caroline.cyr-la-rose at inLibro.com <mailto:caroline.cyr-la-rose at inLibro.com>

inLibro | pour esprit libre | www.inLibro.com <http://www.inLibro.com>