[Koha] Checkout without barcode

Robert Flach robert.flach at webtooldeveloper.com
Mon Oct 1 08:31:14 NZDT 2018

Is there a simple way to checkout books without a barcode?

I'm currently in the process of inventorying and barcoding all our
materials, but in the meantime, it would be super useful to be able to
checkout materials by looking them up by name/author/etc.  So far I have
not been able to find a way to do this.  There's no check out to patron
option after searching the catalog, and the checkout process only allows
for barcodes as the entry method.

Currently I have the catalog search open in one tab and the checkout in
the other and copy and paste from one to the other to check items out.

Hoping someone can offer me a better solution.

Thanks,
Robert