[Koha] Introduction / Problem with bulk import

Markus Becker beckmarkus at gmail.com
Fri May 25 19:04:56 NZST 2018

Dear Koha-community!

- First i want to apologize that my English is a little bit rusty ...

- Second, i want to introduce myself:

My name ist Markus Becker, living in Duisburg, Germany. On the one
hand i am head librarian of the Ministry of Home Affairs
Northrine-Westfalia in Düsseldorf, on other hand i am a student of
,,Bibliotheksinformatik'' (Library Computer Science) at the Wildau
Institute of Technology.

For my Master Thesis i want to take a deeper look on Koha, trying to
proof, that Koha is an possible LMS for the governmental libraries in
Northrine-Westfalia.

- Third, i have a problem with the bulk-import of MARC21XML-Records to
Koha and i hope, someone can give me a little hint (technical details
of the Koha-installation below):

When i try to import the MARC21XML-File with the bulkmarcimport.pl via
console (following
http://kohageek.blogspot.de/2016/05/bulk-marc-import-using-command-line.html),
i get the following error:

> ..Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at
> /usr/share/perl5/MARC/File/XML.pm line 397, <GEN46> chunk 5.
>
> 2 MARC records done in 0.16786003112793 seconds

The 2 MARC records were *not* imported.

The error is occurring with MARC21XML-files created with my own
conversion-script and with files exported from Koha itself.

Any hints for me?

Thank You very much in advance,
Markus

Technical details of my Koha-installation:
(Running in a Virtual Box)
Koha-Version:     17.11.00.000
OS Version ('uname -a'):     Linux debian 4.9.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian
4.9.65-3+deb9u1 (2017-12-23) x86_64
Perl Interpreter:     /usr/bin/perl
Perl-Version:     5.024001
Perl @INC:     /usr/share/koha/lib
/etc/perl
/usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.24.1
/usr/local/share/perl/5.24.1
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.24
/usr/share/perl5
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.24
/usr/share/perl/5.24
/usr/local/lib/site_perl
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl-base
MySQL-Version:     mysql Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.1.26-MariaDB, for
debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 5.2
Apache-Version:     Server version: Apache/2.4.25 (Debian)
Zebra 2.0.59 (C) 1994-2014, Index Data Zebra is free software, covered
by the GNU General Public License, and you are welcome to change it
and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions. SHA1 ID:
c00bfddbf0f3608340d61298acc61dafb167f9b2 Using ICU