[Koha] Help Installing Plack on Koha 17.11

ksorbo keith at thesorbos.com
Wed May 2 05:51:50 NZST 2018

/Running Ubuntu 16.04, mariadb, Koha 17.11/

I have installed Koha on a testing server. Koha seems to be working well.
(Nice piece of software!). My goal is to set up a single server that can be
used by 5-6 different (independent) libraries in our school network.

However, everything is VERY SLOW. Average of 5-8 seconds for a search from
the OPAC. This is way to slow to be used in production, IMHO.

I have read that Plack is the answer needed. I have read everything I can
find on installing Plack, however, the main info I can find on Plack
(https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Plack) states that it is outdated.

I have enabled Plack on my library instance, but it doesn't work (500
error). Looking at the plack-error.log it seems I have a number of perl
modules that are not installed.

I have attempted to follow the instructions on the wiki page under
Installing with packages (apt-get install... and then 4 dh-make-perl...
commands.) I have no experience with perl and thus must follow the
instructions step by step.

I have several questions:

* Is there an updated plack installation guide for 17.11?
* where do I put the opac.psgi file? There is no /srv/koha folder in my
installation
* how can be sure that all the needed perl modules are present.

ANY ADVICE would be helpful.

--
Sent from: http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/Koha-general-f3047918.html