[Koha] Out of memory

Rubeno Fernández enseikou at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 19:40:55 NZDT 2018

It's true, by default Digital Ocean's droplets are created without any swap
space. Actually, they recommend not to enable it on their solid state disks:

"Although swap is generally recommended for systems utilizing traditional
spinning hard drives, using swap with SSDs can cause issues with hardware
degradation over time. Due to this consideration, we do not recommend enabling
swap on DigitalOcean or any other provider that utilizes SSD storage. Doing so
can impact the reliability of the underlying hardware for you and your
neighbors.
If you need to improve the performance of your server, we recommend upgrading
your Droplet. This will lead to better results in general and will decrease
the likelihood of contributing to hardware issues that can affect your
service."
(from https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-configure-virtual-memory-swap-file-on-a-vps)

I guess it's my choice between being cheap or being a good customer.

El dilluns, 19 de març de 2018, a les 16:15:10 CET, Chris Brown va escriure: