[Koha] Out of memory

Barton Chittenden barton at bywatersolutions.com
Tue Mar 20 03:55:39 NZDT 2018

How much swap space do you have allocated?

There are probably a lot of libraries loaded where Koha is only using a
function or two, and I believe that MySQL is very aggressive about loading
data into memory, not all of which is used.

Conventional wisdom is that swap will slow down the system because you have
to page things back into memory... but conventional wisdom doesn't take
into account the fact that there are a lot of things that get loaded into
memory but not used. Swap is good, folks!

--Barton