[Koha] Koha Performance

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 03:41:10 NZDT 2018

I would raise the cores count (two cores) and make sure memcached is
installed and configured.

To install memcached (on te Koha server):

$ sudo apt install memcached

To configure memcached to be used by Koha, make sure the relevant
koha-conf.xml file contains something that looks like this:

 <memcached_servers>127.0.0.1:11211</memcached_servers>
 <memcached_namespace>koha_koha</memcached_namespace>

Tell us how it goes!

El lun., 19 mar. 2018 a las 11:35, JanM (<jan.michael.mueck at uni-hamburg.de>)
escribió:

> /Koha-Version:  17.11.03.000
> OS Version ('uname -a'):        Linux www2 4.4.0-96-generic #119-Ubuntu
> SMP Tue
> Sep 12 14:59:54 UTC 2017 x86_64
> Perl Interpreter:       /usr/bin/perl
> Perl-Version:   5.022001
> Perl @INC:      /usr/share/koha/lib
> /etc/perl
> /usr/local/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.22.1
> /usr/local/share/perl/5.22.1
> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.22
> /usr/share/perl5
> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl/5.22
> /usr/share/perl/5.22
> /usr/local/lib/site_perl
> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl-base
> .
> MySQL-Version:  mysql Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.0.34-MariaDB, for
> debian-linux-gnu
> (x86_64) using readline 5.2
> Apache-Version:         Server version: Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu)
> Memcached:      Server: Nicht definiert | Namespace: koha | Status:
> unbekannt |
> Konfiguration gelesen aus: Nirgendwo Bitte beachten Sie, dass die
> Memcached-Konfiguration in Iher $KOHA_CONF-Datei erfolgen sollte. Aktuell
> gibt es keine gültige Memcached-Konfiguration. | Aktive Caching-Methode:
> Cache::Memory/
>

> Running on an Intel Xeon X6550. Virtual Machine (VMWare) with 1 Core. 16Gb
> Ram.
> Memcache is not enabled. I have no information about the DB Server, it is
> provided from our computer center. We trace the request from the webserver
> an had about 2ms process time per request. So at 4000 querys we talk about
> 8
> Seconds. That would explain much of the 10 Seconds delay (4000Querys * 2ms
> =
> 8 Seconds.)
>

> --
> Sent from: http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.com/Koha-general-f3047918.html