[Koha] Numeric subfield in framework

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Sat Mar 17 06:35:48 NZDT 2018

On 2018-03-16 10:59 AM, Narcis Garcia wrote:
> Thanks; I didn't see tag 300.a

It's a standard bibliographic entry for cataloguing, used by all major
libraries.

> Applying replacement.
> About JavaScript, let's see how can it be implemented consistently in Koha.
>
> I'm really surprised Koha seems not having implemented data types
> (numeric, boolean, string, binary, date/time...).

Koha *does* implement data types, where required by cataloguing rules
and conventions (and by internal db constraints.) Tag 300$a is *not* an
integer by any stretch of anybody's imagination.

This list is here to help you. You might like to explain which version
of Koha you are implementing, and which library you are working for.
That would assist the Koha community in giving you the best possible advice.

You give the impression (y disculpame si estoy en error) that you have
done very little MARC cataloguing. I might suggest that you look at
records from Library of Congress, the British Library, Library Archives
Canada, etc. particularly via Z39.50, or through the web interface to
WorldCat (OCLC).  Koha is very good at "compliance" -- but does allow
flexibility for you to go off on a tangent and "reinvent the wheel" if
you have "non-industry / non-professional / specialized / amateur"
requirements.

Amicalmente -- Paul