[Koha] Location to store text files and images in Koha

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 15:46:44 NZDT 2018

On 03-Mar-2018 4:57 AM, "Jack Boulier" <jwboulier at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

I need to be able to store files on my local Koha server to be accessed
from the Koha Home page. I don't know how to get the OPAC NAV to find the
documents using http://localhost/path/document

The OPAC documentroot is located at /usr/share/koha/opac/htdocs. That said,
be careful when you access that location, a wrong file / folder deletion
could accidentally see you wiping out your OPAC.

Typically I would create a folder under that location and run with that.

I want this to be a permanent location so that updates to the software do
not over written the files each time.

It won't be overwritten.

I would also like to display images of new acquisitions on the home page.
Any help would be appreciated.

Look up the CoverFlow plugin.

Hope this helps
Indranil Das Gupta
L2C2 Technologies

I am using Ubuntu Xenial and Koha 17.11.03. The other features of Koha work
correctly/
Thanks,Jack