[Koha] Staff Collection in Koha

Chad Roseburg croseburg at ncrl.org
Fri Jun 8 05:29:55 NZST 2018

Just curious as to how other libraries set up staff only collections. I
suspect that I
am overthinking this. We'd like to create a collection for librarian-led
programs, Eg., movie night, program kits ...etc.

Such that:

   - Hidden in OPAC via OPACHiddenItems
   - Easily searchable by staff
   - Non-floating
   - No reserves or checkouts allowed except to staff

I see 2 - 3 possibilities:

   - Item Type
   - Location or branch "Staff Collection"
   - Some combination of the 2 (?)

I'm not a fan of using item type as it complicates the role and meaning (
taxonomic ) of item type for material classification so I'm leaning towards
creating a branch and assigning rules to this branch. Shelving location
does not offer the same flexibility, correct? I don't see a way to set
rules by shelving location. That would be ideal as this collection is
housed at an existing branch.

Thank you!

--
Chad Roseburg