[Koha] Koha Notifications - Whatsapp Messaging instead of SMS Service

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 23:02:17 NZST 2018

Dear Sandeep,

Short answer: No.

Long answer : Maybe. But strongly not recommended. Read below.

WhatsApp do not provide any official API that can be used to push
messages across it's service. Basically they want the users to stay
within their app. Thus there is no chance to do what you are asking
for. There are of course a few unofficial 3rd party APIs that
sometimes work. However using any 3rd party APIs is a violation of
WhatsApp's Terms of Use and may expose any one trying to do so to:

(a) their whatsapp account being blocked OR banned from the service

(b) running the risk of being sued for criminal activity (hacking
under IT Act for bypassing WhatsApp's process)

Hope this helps
indranil.

--
Indranil Das Gupta
L2C2 Technologies

Phone : +91-98300-20971
WWW  : http://www.l2c2.co.in
Blog    : http://blog.l2c2.co.in
IRC     : indradg on irc://irc.freenode.net
Twitter : indradg