[Koha] On-Site Checkout

Nicolas Legrand nicolas.legrand at bulac.fr
Fri Jul 6 01:26:48 NZST 2018

Hi,

we make both on site checkouts and regular checkouts. When we do on site
checkouts, we often have a batch of it, so having the option already
checked is a time saver. We had a little modification to the code of
ciculation.pl :

my $onsite_checkout = $query->param('onsite_checkout');
if ($onsite_checkout) {
    $template->param(onsite_checkout => $onsite_checkout)
}

and to the template :

<input type="checkbox" id="onsite_checkout" name="onsite_checkout"
class="circ_setting" [% IF (onsite_checkout) %] checked="checked"[% END %]
/> <label for="onsite_checkout">On-site checkout</label>

If we just do a on site checkout, our Koha assume we want to do the same
thing afterward. I have no idea if such a modification could interest the
community ?

>:

> Thanks a lot. I will try to do that.
>
> On Thu, Jul 5, 2018 at 4:35 AM, Katrin Fischer <katrin.fischer.83 at web.de>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Victoria,
> >
> > you can't set it automatically to my knowledge, but you can set Koha up
> so
> > that only on-site checkouts will be allowed:
> >
> > - Switch the |ConsiderOnSiteCheckoutsAsNormalCheckouts system preference
> > to don't consider. This way,  normal and on-site checkouts will be
> counted
> > separately.
> > - In your circulation conditions set "Current checkouts allowed" to 0 and
> > "Current on-site checkouts allowed" to the number you want to allow for.
> >
> > Now when you forget to check the checkbox, there should be a message to
> > remember you.
> >
> > Maybe checking the checkbox automatically for a certain patron category
> > could be achieved using jQuery.
> >
> > Hope this helps,
> >
> > Katrin
> > |
> > On 04.07.2018 15:19, Ma. Victoria H. Silva-Manuel wrote:
> >
> >> Hi.
> >>
> >> Some of our users have on-site checkout privilege only. In the
> Circulation
> >> page, we have to click the "On-site checkout" box for every material
> they
> >> borrow. It is kind of troublesome, and we sometimes forget to do that.
> Is
> >> there a way to set "On-site checkout" automatically?
> >>
> >> Thank you.
> >>
> >> Ma. Victoria S. Manuel, RL
> >> PRC No. 3892
> >>
> >> On Tue, Jul 3, 2018, 8:21 AM Ma. Victoria H. Silva-Manuel <
> >> mavicsilva at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi.

> they
> Is

> able

> more?

> "on

> or

> Ma. Victoria H. Silva-Manuel
> Registered Librarian, 3892

*Nicolas Legrand*
Administration technique et développements du système de gestion de la
bibliothèque

[image: Logo BULAC]

Bibliothèque universitaire
des langues et civilisations