[Koha] Installation problem

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Tue Jul 3 01:43:43 NZST 2018

On 2018-07-02 08:54 AM, Bedanta Borah wrote:
> I am trying to install koha on ubuntu 18.04. While I enter this command
> "sudo koha-create --create-db library"
> the outcome is
> 'Koha requires mpm_itk to be enabled within Apache in order to run.
>
> How to solve this issue.?

 From my notes when we tested about a year ago (Ubuntu 16.04LTS),
mpm-itk was problematic with apache 2.4 (fine on 2.2). It also did not
load with mpm_event or mpm_worker enabled, you have to use mpm-prefork.
We finally got it working with:

sudo apt-get install apache2-dev

but I hope there is now a "production" version of apache 2.4 (rather
than "dev") that might be suitable.

If you find a good solution, please post it back here. We're just
beginning to test 18.04, but haven't got to Koha yet ;={

Best -- Paul