[Koha] SQL help - Bulk Card Number modification

SATISH lis4satish at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 00:57:30 NZDT 2018

Hi Pedro,

Thank you for the reply.

I try to make my question little clear now,

I am not referring to 'borrowernumber' (assigned by Koha) instead referring
to 'cardumber'

Temporary cardnumber does not prefix with TMP ( now, I understand it's
importance)

Current patron "cardnumber "  designed by the library,  is in following
format: 17ME01, 17ME02, so on (upto 250+)
17= 2017, ME =Mechanical Engineering, 01,02 = Serial Number of the student
as per the List provided by the College Office.

Because, every year, to the 'first semester' admission, it takes few months
to get the register number assigned by the University.
Till that, I need to manage with some 'cardnumber' to take care of
circulation.

I use, University Registration Number as 'cardnumber' in Koha as it is
easily  trace-able across the various sections/departments when no-dues
verification needed by each department. If I use my own format, it may
conflict.

New number assigned by the University is: 4GH17ME18, 4GH17ME19, so
on....and it is referred as permanent for the patron for future use
and Library should use this number.

So, my current requirement is:

"cardnumber" = 17ME01, 17ME02, ....to be changed as =  4GH17ME18, 4GH17ME19
in bulk.

And I request, any scripts or sql to modify in bulk, would be useful.

Thank you

Satish MV
Librarian
Govt. Engineering College, Hassan.