[Koha] Koha 17.11 popup windows

Daniel Owens dcowens76 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 21:18:57 NZDT 2018

Working with 17.11 (after upgrading from 3.22 or some other earlier
version, which version I cannot recall), in several places windows pop
up unexpectedly.

1. Our librarian noticed this when she went to check a book out for a
student. A window pops up called "Leave a message". The window cannot be
closed.

See the following screenshot:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ywtq2366hizpxsz/screencapture-check-out-popup.png?dl=0

2. The same thing happens when going to the saved SQL reports. I saw
there were saved reports that needed updating (I see
https://github.com/Koha-Community/Koha/commit/f22d2e7200ee8b35aff66b26acc3e2daa49f9f0d),
so I did that, but the popup window continues. It shows "Loading" and a
turning wheel that never stops. The window cannot be closed.

I was wondering whether this behavior is related and whether I may have
missed a step in upgrading the database. We can still use Koha, but the
popup windows are annoying.

Has anyone else experienced this and solved it?

Daniel