[Koha] Export from one library, Import to another?

Mark Alexander marka at pobox.com
Tue Jan 16 13:02:01 NZDT 2018

Excerpts from Alvin W.'s message of 2018-01-15 16:43:12 -0500:
> Basically, I don't care about the content, I just want a verified file that
> I was able to Import correctly, to serve as a baseline for the actual
> collection when I load it, so that if errors occur, it should be easier to
> figure out exactly what went wrong.

I had to go through this process when I converted our library
from Mandarin to Koha.  Mandarin exported its catalog in MARC
format, but I had to do a fair amount of work (using scripts that
I wrote) to modify the holding fields so that Koha would accept them.

A good starting point for understanding the issues is this
document:

https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Holdings_data_fields_(9xx)

You'll notice that a number of the fields (such as collection code,
branchcode, shelving location code, and Koha item type) will need to
have values that match values that you have previously set up in Koha.
Collection code and shelving location code must match authorized
values for CCODE and LOC, respectively.  The branchcode must match
codes that you've set up for library branches.  The item type must
match the item types you've set up.