[Koha] How does the AutoEmailOpacUser preference work?

Arturo Longoria Arturo.Longoria at sll.texas.gov
Tue Jan 9 06:44:54 NZDT 2018

Barton,

I've been testing by creating new accounts that use my own e-mail address and checking my own spam folder, so I feel I've ruled those variables out. I don't have access to the server's /var/log/mail.log, so I can't check that, unfortunately. But I do find it to be consistent that I will only receive the ACCTDETAILS e-mail if the username field is blank (so that Koha generates it automatically) and manually enter a password for the account. If I omit the pw, no e-mail. If I enter a custom username, no e-mail. Unless the log says otherwise, I don't believe Koha is generating the e-mail in those instances.