[Koha] Plack causes permanent CPU load of 100%

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Fri Jan 5 03:21:35 NZDT 2018

Hi

We are running Koha 16.11.01 on Debian GNU/Linux 8 (64-bit).

Since some weeks we see Plack causing an almost permanent CPU load of
100% (maybe this happened after a regular update of the Debian Perl
packages?). The file "/var/log/koha/INSTANCE/plack.log" constantly gets
lines like the following added:

Error while loading /etc/koha/plack.psgi: Can't load application from
file "/usr/share/koha/api/v1/app.pl": Can't locate object method
"cache_dir" via package "Swagger2::SchemaValidator" at
/usr/share/perl5/Swagger2.pm line 41.

A restart of the host doesn't solve the problem. For the moment we have
stopped Plack and deactivated it completely.

Does anyone know what causes this problem and how to solve it?

Best wishes: Michael