[Koha] Problems adding new members in 17.11

Tim McMahon tmcmahon at wlpl.org
Wed Jan 3 12:46:57 NZDT 2018

I also got the required labels for passwords after I tried to save.
Entering three characters or more will make them go away.

The earlier versions of Koha would validate emails while you were
entering them.  I noticed this version only validates emails when you save.

On 01/02/2018 04:50 PM, Mark Alexander wrote:
> Excerpts from Tim McMahon's message of 2018-01-02 16:26:39 -0600:
>> I'm testing 17.11 (package upgrade from 17.05.02) and when I try to
>> enter a new patron, the Password and Confirm password fields in the
>> OPAC/Staff login section near the bottom of the form will get labeled
>> "This field is required."
>
> I can confirm this behavior on my test VM of 17.11
>
> Curiously, during my test of adding a new patron, the "required"
> labels on the Password and Confirm fields didn't appear when I first
> loaded the form. They only showed up after I hit the "Save" button,
> which failed to save, and presented me with the form again, this time
> with the labels added.
>
> I got around the problem by putting the word "junk" in for the
> passwords, and leaving the username blank.  Then when I edited that
> patron again, I found that Koha had auto-generated a user name
> consisting of the first and last names of the patron concatenated with
> a "." separator.
>
> In summary, I couldn't find a way to enter blank usernames or passwords
> for patrons.  I don't recall that 17.05 exhibited this behavior.
>
>> I also noticed that the primary and secondary email fields aren't
>> validating either.
>
> I didn't see a problem with these fields.

Tim McMahon
Technical Services
West Liberty Public Library