[Koha] Screenshots internationalization for the manual (and acceptance tests?)

Jonathan Druart jonathan.druart at bugs.koha-community.org
Wed Feb 28 07:40:30 NZDT 2018

Hi Caroline,

I am suggesting to write a (BDD) syntax to help everybody to write these
steps.
You would be able to generate the screenshots and test locally if the steps
are correct.

The syntax would look like the two examples I gave, like:
Scenario: Take a screenshot for FineNotifyAtCheckin
Given I have set the syspref FineNotifyAtCheckin to 1
And I checked an item out to a patron
And I added a fine of 5 to the patron
And I checked the item in
Then I take a screenshot of the element with the class "dialog alert"

You will not need the help of a developer to know if it does what you
expected.

Of course I know it is a big job to generate such steps for every
screenshot, but I think it is the way to go to get up-to-date (and
translated) screenshots in the long term.

I have already did the job for the image "marc21_basic_setup.png" (see the
links at the bottom of my original email) and there are no numbers or
circles. It cannot be automated.

Thanks for your answer.

Jonathan