[Koha] Restoration of old Koha database to new one

webmaster UVG Altiplano webmaster at altiplano.uvg.edu.gt
Tue Feb 13 03:22:38 NZDT 2018

I used this Tutorial

1. Backup of old Koha
Take backup of your existing Koha database. Either you can make use a
database kept in your pen drive otherwise you can apply following command
to take backup,
mysqldump -uroot -p koha_library | gzip -9 > koha_library.sql.gz
Put MySQL root password, when it ask.

2. Install Koha

3. Restoration of old Koha database to new one
Remove existing database in new installation

sudo su
mysql -uroot -p
[Enter the MySQL Root password]
drop database koha_library;
create database koha_library;
quit;

Copy your database backup from your pen drive to home folder.
Extract the backup file, the extension will be .sql

Then restore the old backup to new installation.

Database Restoration command,
mysql -uroot -p koha_library < koha_library.sql [Check name of your source
Koha database]
koha_library - name of database in new installation
koha.sql - name of database in old installation
Enter the MySQL root password.

4. Upgrade Database Schema
Database schema of old Koha should upgrade to new one. Apply following
commands in a terminal,
sudo su
koha-upgrade-schema library

5. Rebuild the Zebra Index.