[Koha] Old Check Outs not being "Checked in due to a configuration issue in your system." after the DBMS auto increment fix

Admire Mutsikiwa amutsikiwa at uzlib.uz.ac.zw
Thu Feb 8 18:47:08 NZDT 2018

Hi

Have upgraded my Koha on Ubuntu 16.04 to version 17.11.02.000. The Koha
system is using 10.0.33-MariaDB. Have applied the fix on
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/DBMS_auto_increment_fix  by adding to
/etc/mysql/my.cnf and creating the corresponding file
init-file=/var/lib/mysql/init-file_sidecode.sql

New check outs are checked in with no issues. However, when checking in
items that were checked out before the upgrade, I am getting the error:
  " The item has not been checked in due to a configuration issue in your
system. You must ask an administrator to take a look at the about page
<http://192.168.100.7:8080/cgi-bin/koha/about.pl#sysinfo>  and search for
the "data problems" section"

The about page has this warning

Warning

You are missing the <template_cache_dir> entry in your koha-conf.xml file.
That will bring a performance boost to enable it.

The issue is only arising if I check in items checked out before the
upgrade. Items checked out after the upgrade are not giving problems.

Not sure if I have added the fix to the correct file in /etc/mysql/ when
using MariaDB

Kind Regards,

Admire Mutsikiwa (Mr)

ICT Manager

Libraries

University of Zimbabwe

Tel:+263-4-303276

Mob:+263771117777

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the
consequences of dodging our responsibilities."  Josiah Charles Stamp
<http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4867406.Josiah_Charles_Stamp>