[Koha] Should XSLT add punctuation?

Katrin Fischer katrin.fischer.83 at web.de
Mon Aug 27 05:40:46 NZST 2018

Hi Caroline.

the question of ISBD punctuation has been giving us quite some trouble
as in Germany it's usually not added (leader/18 as you pointed out).

In Koha a compley 245 with abcnp will look wrong without any punctuation
and Koha is not adding it. I think at the moment leader/18 is not
checked at all, Koha assumes that it's dealing with records that contain
ISBD punctuation, but often removes it.

Not having 'grown up' with MARC21 the trailing '.' always looks a bit
odd to me when it's displayed in the OPAC, but we should definitely be
consistent.

I don't have a clear opinion, but maybe we need to overhaul our XSLT and
check for leader/18.

Katrin