[Koha] Koha Plugin Error: Cannot unpack file to the plugins directory. Please verify that the Apache user can write to the plugins directory.

Ashok Francis ashokfrancis.tgs at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 17:59:10 NZST 2018

Thank you so much for your email.

I followed the link that you have sent. When I checked the page "about
koha" I have following warning in this page.
XML configuration file
*Warning* You are missing the <log4perl_conf> entry in your koha-conf.xml
file. Please add it, pointing to the log4perl.conf file for your Koha
instance.
*Warning* You are missing the <upload_path> entry in your koha-conf.xml
file. Please add it, pointing to the configured file upload directory for
your Koha instance.

But I have no idea how to fix the problem. Can you please help me ?

Thank you,

Ashok.

On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 10:51 AM Indranil Das Gupta <indradg at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Ashok,
>
> You are following out-dated instructions. Vimal's blog post which was
> useful when published it, refers to way things were back in v 3.12 which is
> like 11 versions OR 5+ years old.
>
> Things have changed. Please refer to the "Plugin system" section of your
> Koha user manual.
>
> For 18.05 the relevant instructions are available at
> https://koha-community.org/manual/18.05/html/14_plugins.html
>
> cheers,
> Indranil Das Gupta
> L2C2 Technologies
>
> Phone : +91-98300-20971
> WWW  : http://www.l2c2.co.in
> Blog    : http://blog.l2c2.co.in
> IRC     : indradg on irc://irc.freenode.net
> Twitter : indradg
>
> On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 10:33 AM, Ashok Francis <
> ashokfrancis.tgs at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Dear All,
>>
>> I need your help in koha plugin setup.
>>
>> I followed this blog for koha plugin cover flow.
>> http://kohageek.blogspot.com/search/label/plugins I followed all the
>> steps.
>> But When I upload the plugin, I am getting the following error.
>>

>> *Cannot unpack file to the plugins directory.Please verify that the Apache
>> user can write to the plugins directory.*
>>

>> Please help me to fix the problem.
>>
>> Ashok.
>> New Delhi.

'Love your neighbor as yourself.' - JESUS.