[Koha] How to import thesaurus data into a KOHA instance?

Eric Phetteplace ephetteplace at cca.edu
Wed Aug 8 05:04:36 NZST 2018

Hi André,

It may be worth noting that the data you describe are called "authority
records" e.g. definitive names for authors and subject terms. You can
import authority MARC records from a prior system using the Tools > Stage
MARC records for import page. It may also be worth researching these two
settings:

- BiblioAddsAuthorities
<https://koha-community.org/manual/17.11/html/02_administration.html?#biblioaddsauthorities>
- AutoCreateAuthorities
<https://koha-community.org/manual/17.11/html/02_administration.html?#autocreateauthorities>

which relate to the automatic creation of authority records when terms are
used in bibliographic records. If you later import your bibliographic
records, they may generate a bunch of authority records in any case
depending on how your configure those options. Good luck!

Best,

ERIC PHETTEPLACE

Systems Librarian

libraries.cca.edu | vault.cca.edu | 510.594.3660

5212 Broadway, Oakland, CA 94618

1111 8th St., San Francisco, CA 94107

Preferred Pronoun(s): he/him