[Koha] Need help resolving error on item search in Koha 17.11

Chris Brown chris at stayawake.co.uk
Sun Apr 15 08:00:28 NZST 2018

Hi Katrin,

Thanks for your suggestion. Apologies for the delay in replying but we saw
our first sunshine in weeks today so we were making the most of it!

I have tried deleting the javascript in "intranetuserjs" but it makes no
difference, all item searches still show the same error. I don't think
there is any custom javascript lurking in any of the other sysprefs.

The error message I reported appears immediately, not even the table
headings on the results page are shown.

The problem is not present on our training system running Koha 17.05

=====

Just in case it helps, I did a diff on the 17.05 and 17.11 versions of the
file /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/catalogue/itemsearch.pl which is the
file displaying the error. The output is shown below, though these
differences don't seem related to the error I'm seeing.

Any other suggestions gratefully received. Can anyone else reproduce the
error, perhaps?

Best Regards,

Chris Brown

====== Here's the diff output =====

30a31
> use Koha::Biblios;
63,64d63
<                 push @q, "%$word%";
<                 push @op, 'like';
65a65,72

>                 if ( grep /^$columns[$i]$/, qw( ccode homebranch
holdingbranch location notforloan ) ) {
>                     push @q, "$word";
>                     push @op, '=';
>                 } else {
>                     push @q, "%$word%";
>                     push @op, 'like';
>                 }
229c236
<             $item->{biblio} = GetBiblio($item->{biblionumber});
---
>             $item->{biblio} = Koha::Biblios->find( $item->{biblionumber}
);

========