[Koha] Title search in KOHA

nikesh nikeshn at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 21:47:35 NZDT 2017

Thanks Karam. You are right. System pulls title from all the occurrences
like tag 245, 505 and probably more when you search for title. That make
sense to include 505 in title search as it deals with table of
contents.Series is also a part of title search.  My issue is to remove
statement of responsibility from the title search. So i think I need to
identify all the statement of responsibility field which is associated to
title in different fields like 245 , 505 etc. and remove them from zebra
indexing. I will test it in our test server and see how it works. Actually
we migrated from Millennium and title search pulls out only those records
with search words in title only (including title, series, table of contents
etc). So users complained about this strange behavior in KOHA.. This is not
only our case , but appear in all KOHA default implementations.

Regards
Nikes

*Nikesh Narayanan *I Systems & e-Librarian I

Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research
<http://www.kustar.ac.ae/>

PO Box 127788, Abu Dhabi, UAE

Mobile : +971507097346