[Koha] Title search in KOHA

Karam Qubsi karamqubsi at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 05:46:19 NZDT 2017

Hi Nikesh ,
You may check this file for mappings :
https://github.com/Koha-Community/Koha/blob/master/etc/zebradb/marc_defs/marc21/biblios/recorad.abs

I've tested some of your results and as I understand from that mapping the
results are correct according to mappings there
for example this record from your results :
https://opac.kustar.ac.ae/cgi-bin/koha/opac-MARCdetail.pl?biblionumber=32490
Marc file has :
505 0 0 *_g*I.
*_t*Sleepy Hollow, 1844 --
*_g*II.
*_t*Shakespeare's American Fable --

if you checked that mentioned mapping and exactly this line ( for 505t) :

https://github.com/Koha-Community/Koha/blob/b4e525e4f6382a421cb7e77632fca8ecaaf8f3d6/etc/zebradb/marc_defs/marc21/biblios/record.abs#L158

you will find it was mapped to title

Please consider that marc standards has other places that holds title
related field.

if you believe that some of those mappings were wrong please let the
community know about that .

*Best wishes *

On Sun, Sep 24, 2017 at 10:32 PM, nikesh <nikeshn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Author results also appears when I limit my search to title only. I think
> it appears because KOHA indexing treats statement of responsibility as part
> of title. How can I edit zebra indexing to get rid of that ?
>

> Example : I searched for Shakespeare in Title but document with Shakespeare
> as an Auhtor also appear in the search result. Please see the link below.
>

> https://opac.kustar.ac.ae/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl?idx=ti&q=shakespeare
>
> Best regards
>
> Nikesh
>
> *Nikesh Narayanan *I Systems & e-Librarian I
>
> Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research
> <http://www.kustar.ac.ae/>
>
> PO Box 127788, Abu Dhabi, UAE
>
> Mobile : +971507097346

​*Karam Qubsi*