[Koha] Internal server error when trying to open Budget or Funds

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Sat Sep 16 07:47:41 NZST 2017

Hi Jonathan

> But now I also found an error message in
> "plack-error.log".
>
> When clicking "Budgets" it says:
>
> Can't call method "symbol" on an undefined value at
> /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/admin/aqbudgetperiods.pl line 94.
>
> When clicking "Funds" it says:
>
> Can't call method "symbol" on an undefined value at
> /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/admin/aqbudgets.pl line 53.
>
> It's the same in both my installations with Koha 17.05.1 (
> http://koha.adminkuhn.ch:8080/?userid=demo&password=demo ) and also on
> another installation with Koha 16.11.1.

Well, I found the problem... line 94 says:

$template->param( symbol => $active_currency->symbol,
                   currency => $active_currency->currency

I then checked if there was a currency defined and and activated - there
wasn't. This is probably because I didn't load any example values (?).

However, I then entered a new currency and activated it - now it works
as expected.

Many thanks & have a good weekend! Michael