[Koha] KohaCon 2017 update

Manny Tamayao manny_tamayao at sil.org
Tue May 30 17:29:21 NZST 2017

Dear Koha Community,

Only 20 days to go before our Koha Conference will be held in Makati,
Philippines.
This is to update you on what's going on in the Philippines.
Most of you have read and heard news about the terrorist attack in Marawi
City, Iligan which is part of Mindanao, a southern island of the
Philippines.
Our venue in Makati City, the central business district of the Philippines
is  1,495.6 km away from Marawi.
Our government is doing its best to control the situation there and assures
the public safety throughout the nation. Also, since our venue is in the
business district additional security are more visible from the city
government and the venue itself has its own security personnel.
The organizers are cooperating with the local authorities to make sure the
safety of all KohaCon participants.
You can read this article from CNN for the update
http://cnnphilippines.com/news/2017/05/29/AFP-Marawi-control-clearing-ops.html.

Koha ILS Philippines volunteers