[Koha] Process to file bug

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Wed May 24 00:26:44 NZST 2017

Hi,

On May 23, 2017 5:42 PM, "Owen Leonard" <oleonard at myacpl.org> wrote:

> There is certainly nothing wrong with filing bugs. No one will accuse
> you on Bugzilla for spamming unless it's actually spam.
>
> >  i share the link on facebook too in koha groups.
>
> I personally don't think every bug report should be shared on the
> Facebook group. Perhaps this is what was interpreted as spamming? The
> Facebook group might be a good place to start a discussion about a
> proposed feature or to get help with a bug, but in my opinion simply
> posting links isn't helpful.

All that was really said by Mark Tompsett on the "Koha Users" facebook
group was that FB's anti-spam algo was flagging these posts as spam. As one
of admin of the group, he was getting the notifications and had simply
pointed it out.

Western blunt and direct approach can and does often (unfortunately) get
interpreted as rudeness in South Asian cultures.

(My comment: the false positives were due to two reasons: (a) the bug
reports are yet to have any follow up comments on them and (b) Vinod had
daisy-chained the posts across *several* FB groups without adding any
*additional* content, thus further flaring up the anti-spam algo's EER
ratio).

Hope that clears the air
indradg